Burns - Personal Injuries from Fires, Explosions & Chemicals
Burn Injury Attorneys - Honolulu, Hawaii
Burn Injury Deadlines - Fire & Explosion Damage - Chemical Accidents:
The deadlines to file most burn accident claims arising out of a fire, explosion or chemical accident is generally the same
as for most other torts (personal injuries) in the State of Hawaii. The deadline is generally
two (2) years from the date of the injury. It should be noted, however, that there are a number
of exceptions to this rule. For example, claims for minors can frequently be brought until a year or more after the child attains the age of majority.
It is important to note that burn claims must be filed in court prior to the expiration of the applicable deadlines, or the claims are likely to be lost, regardless of their merit. To be wise, it is recommended that you immediately contact an attorney after a burn accident giving rise to injuries occurs
- whether fire, explosion or chemical. If you wish to do so, please do not hesitate to
Contact Us at Accident Lawyer Hawaii now for a free evaluation of your case.
Burn injuries can be some of the most catastrophic and disheartening injuries resulting from accidents.
Some burn accidents (fire, explosion or chemical) cause death or serious injury.
Sometimes disfigurement is permanent and ongoing medical expenses go on forever.
Thus, there is often a special importance involved in getting to bottom of
an accident involving burns - whether from chemicals, an explosion or a fire.
Types of serious burn accidents which we handle include, but are not limited to:
- House, kitchen, apartment and area fires
- Fires ignited by defective products - often with poor wiring
- Propane stove and BBQ accidents
- Fires ignited by frayed, damaged or ungrounded wiring
- Fires or electrocutions initiated by sagging power lines or
uninsulated transmission lines
- Chemical spill accidents
- Safety violations when handling flammable materials
- Fire alarm and smoke alarm failures
- Fabrics which do not comply with flame retardant requirements
- Trucking and air freight accidents involving chemical and flammable substances
Recovery from the effects of severe burns often involves a long stay in a
dedicated burn center. One of the best in Hawaii is the Burn Center at Hawaii
Straub Medical Center.
Much of the best treatment for burn
injuries is done by qualified and trained plastic surgeons. Many plastic
surgeons are members of
ASPS - the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Accident Lawyer Hawaii now for a free evaluation of your burn injury case.