Awards and Honors
Martindale Hubbell - AV rated lawyer - Best Rating Possible
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
AVVO Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney, 10 of 10
ATLA Top 100
Lawyers.com - Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 - Top Rating Possible
National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
American Society of Legal Advocates - Top 100 - 2014
Marquis' Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Law
AVVO Clients' Choice Personal Injury Lawyer
American Society of Legal Advocates - Top 100 - 2013
Recently we have had some of the deadliest car accidents in Hawaii's history:
* March 1, 2005: Two people were killed and one critically injured in a two-vehicle collision on Kunia Road near the Hawaii Country Club.
* May 26, 2004: A Japanese tourist was killed and seven other people injured, one critically, when a pickup truck drove onto the sidewalk in Waikiki along Kalakaua Avenue near Kaiulani Avenue and slammed into a crowd of people near the Moana Surf Rider Hotel.
* February 13, 2004: Four people were killed and two others injured when two cars involved in a street race slammed into the rear of a flat-bed truck preparing the zipper lane on H1 Freeway.
* December 10, 2003: Four young people - ages 18 to 24 - died in a two-car crash resulting from a street race on Farrington Highway in Makaha.
* March 18, 2003: Five males, ages 13 to 37, were killed about 1:30 a.m. on Kamehameha Highway in Haleiwa when their car hit a tree while speeding.%)
Accident Lawyer Hawaii
Law Office of
William H. Lawson
1188 Bishop St. Suite 2902
Honolulu, HI 96813
New client hotline:
Pearl City, Aiea and Waipahu:
Main business phone:
Directions to Honolulu office
HI accident news
Court cases re:
Hawaii accident law
Products Liability - Cases & Comment
Jones Act- maritime law and seaman cases
The Constitution Of The State Of Hawaii
Recent Personal Injury and Car Accident News
In the case of Tracey v. Solesky, 427 Md. 627, 50 A.3d 1075 (Md., 2012), the Court of Appeals of Maryland held that pit bull owners and harborers have strict liability for attacks on humans by their dogs. Massachusettes had previously established a similar policy. Cute pit bulls? Not hardly. Historically the dogs were bred to be weapons. They regularly maim and kill. Some courts are finally holding that owners and harborers of this particular breed are required to compensate their victims when their pit bulls wrongfully injure or kill - without the traditional "one free bite".